Infidelity, unfortunately, is more commonplace in today’s society than most people would be comfortable knowing. Various studies have released mixed results of finding the true number of “cheaters,” although the numbers are always relatively high for the population. One suspected reason that the studies are skewed is that infidelity isn’t reported or talked about in full; “cheaters” and their betrayed aren’t always up for talking about the affair.
Emotional infidelity occurs when a woman seeks out and attaches herself emotionally to another person outside of the relationship. This often occurs when a woman starts feeling insecure, when the marriage goes through a lull of sorts or changes which all marriages do.
Reasons women cheat are varied and numerous, and all can be avoided to some degree by addressing the issue. Reasons include feeling neglected or taken advantage of for various duties like housework, lack of sex at home, lack of affection from her husband, low self-esteem, wanting to end a relationship, revenge and lack of a strong, healthy female friend base.
The warning signs of infidelity aren’t always what you might expect, although that does not make them any easier to face. And many of the so-called “warning signs” aren’t necessarily a sign of infidelity on the part of your wife. However, these signs all point to the fact that your marriage needs attention, whether the course of infidelity has started or not.
- Something doesn’t seem right. This first sign is intuitive. You may start feeling uneasy or uncomfortable. This is almost always overlooked or shaken off as it is typically a gut feeling that something is wrong or the inability to shake certain thoughts. Intuitions lead to suspicions. Little things about your wife’s actions don’t necessarily add up. Unfortunately, much of this is due to an unhealthy level of jealousy on the husband’s part; however, if you are not the jealous type and have never had jealous feelings before, these gut instincts may be warranted.
- Her behavior seems strange. If regular behaviors or activities in your marriage stop, you need to ask why. These behaviors could include your wife gradually stopping to say “I love you,” or she may be withdrawn from normal patterns that were once a solid part of your marriage.
- She starts changing her appearance. If your spouse suddenly starts taking more of an interest in her physical appearance, this could also be a sign. However, and it’s a big however, many women who start to feel a lull in their marriage may start trying to look better as a means to try and impress their husband whom they feel, whether true or not, has stopped appreciating their body or their appearance.
- She is just not interested. If she begins to push you away, either by starting arguments or refusing your affections, this is often a sign of infidelity. Causing an argument can efficiently push the other partner away and is often used as a guise for distancing herself.
- She doesn’t tell the truth. If she begins to become secretive or is lying about seemingly unimportant things, this is also a sign of infidelity. Guarding her cell phone when she never did so before, demanding privacy for her Internet accounts, or secretive spending with lying or defensive behavior when confronted are often a solid sign of infidelity, whether it is emotional or sexual, or both.