In this article I will share some Tips on how to get rid of BV naturally. Before going off trying some homemade remedies to treat BV or Bacterial Vaginosis, it must be fully understood to avoid unlikely complications. Basically, Bacterial Vaginosis is caused by the imbalance of bacteria found in the vagina. There are two types of Vaginitis which are caused by two different sources. In the case of vaginitis caused by bacteria, the exact causes are yet to be known as scientists still don’t have any definite information regarding what triggers it. However, there are certain factors that may contribute to bacterial vaginal infection which you could steer clear from to avoid getting the infection.
Signs and Symptoms of Bacteria Induced Vaginitis
First Step in determining how to get rid of BV.
- Smelly vaginal discharge (color of the discharge may vary but usually thin and grayish)
- Vaginal bleeding
- Burning sensation while urinating
How to Get Rid of BV by Treating Bacterial Vaginitis
In most cases women turn to their doctors for antibiotic prescriptions. This is a very good thing to do as Bacterial Vaginitis can recur and may deal more harm. It is always advised to first seek your physician before taking medication. Also, when dealing with antibiotics, never self-medicate as this could pose a serious threat to your health. On the other hand, you may try bacterial vaginosis natural treatment once your physician gives the green signal for home treatment.
Homemade natural Treatments for Bacterial Vaginitis
While antibiotics may often have side effects on certain types of women, using natural homemade treatments make it less likely for women to encounter problems. Although these treatments have been found effective, these remedies are not scientifically proven yet many people are still considering alternative all-natural means of treatment. Here’s some natural ways to get rid of BV or bacterial vaginosis that you might want to try out for yourself:
1. How to get rid of BV using Yogurt – one of the most common and most inexpensive means of natural treatment is Yogurt. The reason why Yogurt got on the list of natural home remedies for bacteria induced vaginosis is the lactobacilli content. Probiotics have been proven to enhance the treatment process of urogenital infections along with a combination of prescribed antibiotics. The application may vary and can be ingested daily till results are visible. Another type of application is through swabbing the Yogurt on the swelling area using cotton balls dipped into an ample amount of Yogurt.
2. How to get rid of BV with Cold Cloth Application – Although the application of cloth soaked in cold water does not heal the infection, it greatly aids in alleviating the redness and swelling on the affected areas.
3. How to get rid of BV using Turmeric and Garlic – these two are bacterial vaginosis natural treatment means to cure vaginitis. The same with Yogurt, it could be ingested on a daily basis till results are prominent. Garlic can also be inserted into the vagina while wrapped in gauze for as long as half an hour and not any longer. On the other hand, insertion of garlic into the vagina should only be done in a limited time per session as over exposure to garlic can cause blisters. Garlic contains antibacterial properties which is good for the treatment. The same goes for turmeric which can be ingested when combined with milk to neutralize the taste.
When exploring the different ways of how to get rid of BV, you must take into consideration that no cure will happen oven night, and some treatments may be more effective that others.