In this article, we will talk about how to reduce High Blood pressure. Nowadays heart disease is regarded as the leading cause of death followed by Cancer then chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). There is significant number of ways to curb and stop this leading heart disease which is primarily caused by high blood sugar/glucose levels. High Blood pressure (hypertension) is and happens when blood pressure is either 140/90 mmHg most of the time or above.
- Normal blood pressure is less than 120/80
- Pre-hypertension 120-139/ 80-89
- High blood pressure (stage 1) 140-159/90-99
Below are some of the ways on how to reduce high pressure include:
- Healthy Foods – Some scholars say “what you eat is what you are”- Food stands to be the best natural medicine to cure, prevent and control sugar levels in the body. Whole grains retain all the parts of the original grain- bran, germ and endosperm. It has great health benefit and more nutrients which are rich health wise. Grains rich in fiber for this matter help reduce drastically the chances and risks of coronary heart disease. It lowers cholesterol and helps in checking a healthy weight. Healthy foods like Barley, whole oats, whole wheat flour or bread. There are a lot more of healthy benefits gained from whole grains.
- Birth Control Pills – The body has its unique mechanism of functioning. It was designed by creator to be so. Congesting and paralyzing it by taking too much chemicals and pills may lead to imminent heart attack. There are various better ways to reduce high blood pressure through healthful ways to control birth aside from using pills.
- On how to reduce high blood pressure, Healthy Lifestyle is very important-Medical professionals call it “A Lifestyle Disease” overindulgence in processed foods, liquors, cigars, idleness and greed may jeopardize and put one’s life at an instant period when least prepared. If possible, stay away from alcohol and smoking because they have big negative impact to blood sugar level- caffeinated drinks as well largely affects the normal blood bumping; it impairs insulin thus causing elevation in blood sugar levels.
- A Genetic Factors- DNA variation reveals genetic regions with interesting genes that regulates the body pressure. This scientific breakthrough makes it easy to give treatment to potential targets belonging to specified genetic region.
- Health Fitness – In a fast paced world where we find ourselves confined on those cozy office chairs day in day out, creating time for exercise is still so vital. It helps lower blood pressure naturally by lowering body weight and leading a stress free life. Medical professions say that medication to lower blood pressure works best when body weight is under control. It is a genius step to take.
- Regular Check-up- Seeking Devine Guidance in meditation and prayer reduces stress thus bringing soothing calm effect on the body, remove bad thoughts, relieve and lower stress hormone levels. All these help revive positive effect on high blood pressure. Monitor your progress at home but most importantly- schedule regular check-up with the doctor to advice on whether it is yet time to lower medication.
- Happiness and Laughter- Gaining joy and happiness and laughing a lot helps a big deal. Watching comedy films and listening to classical soothing music is ideal. Isolation, depression, and anxiety worsen the sickness. It is advisable for the patient to mingle with people and stay stress free as earlier stated. Healthy diet, fruits and a lot of water must be adhered to. To paraphrase;
- Taking a walk, laughing, exercising and helps one to regain again a healthy body.
- Refrain from stress or quarrels and instead stay stress free and laugh more.
- Associate with people, share ideas and have open talks. It helps.
- Salt and sugars are not good. Natural flavors and sweetening prevails.
How to reduce High Blood pressure is a disease whose fate is in our fingertips; we can stop it from controlling us and bring it to our control. Studies have proved that potassium is very important healthy blood pressure nutrient. High potassium foods lead to low blood pressure. It is readily found in wholesome and unrefined foods. One has to eat more frequent but smaller wholesome unprocessed foods. Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and stress free as earlier stated.