There are always many challenges when it comes to marriages but when you reach a point where you are confused and you are now looking for ways to save your marriage, and you are also seeking to know what problems are ruining your marriage, then it is time you look for the best advise you can get so that you save your marriage and avoid going through divorce.
The first thing you should know about marriages is that they either mature or fail; things do not always remain the same throughout the years. A good marriage is where both parties always work hard to ensure that they strengthen their bond.
If you are interested in saving your marriage today, it is important to find out which behaviors and attitude will ruin your marriage or make it stronger and save it.
If you aim at saving your marriage today, it is vital that you know more about the top six risk factors that mainly lead to divorce. Many marriages go through tough challenges in the beginning and there are always many dangers that could lead to divorce, but there are other marriages which start off with factors that favor their marriage which can also be known as good risk factors.
If you are aiming at saving your marriage today, it is important to understand that these are risk factors which do not necessarily have to be deciding factors for a marriage to survive.
If you feel that you have more challenges and risks working against you, then it is important that you seek professional advice or get a counselor who will help you work through the problems in your marriage so that you can be saved from going through a separation or divorce.
These factors cannot be changed but you can always do something about them and handle them carefully. If you cannot change the factors then below can help:
1. If you got married when you were still a teen, then you may need help in your marriage. Statistics indicate that if one gets married when they are below twenty years, then you will constantly have to deal with this challenge throughout your marriage, and learn how to handle the matter so as to stabilize your marriage.
2. Living to together before marriage can also lead you to start looking for ways to save your marriage. There are many people who already believe in this and evidence indicates that living together increases chances of separation and divorce except if you were engaged before or got married soon after starting to live together.
3. You may find yourself seeking for help to save your marriage if your parents or that of your partner got divorced. Statistics indicate show that children who have divorced parents are also more likely to go through divorce and the chances increase if the married couple is both from divorced parents.
4. You may find yourself having a challenge in your marriage if you had a child before marriage. Though couples with children have less chance to separate or divorce than those who do not have any children.
5. You may find yourself going through challenges if you have only been married for a short while, because the longer time you spend together the more you get to know each other better. The first two years are crucial in a marriage, but half of all divorces happen within the first seven years according to statistics.
6. The financial income can also be a challenge; you may find yourself seeking to save your marriage if your annual income is less than US$25,000. Financial problems are part of the main 5 causes of divorce as found out by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
If you are seeking help to save your marriage, it may be consoling to know that the following factors can help. These reasons only apply if you were married and do not factor that many people encourage such as good communication and good skills on how to handle disagreements that are currently a big challenge in your marriage.
1. If you were both older and above 25 years of age, then your chances of getting divorced decreases because you were more mature and objective in what you want in life.
2. If you share same religious beliefs, then this gives a chance to your marriage. This is because you have something that brings you together and you can relate and refer to it.
3. If you both have higher education. This increases your chances of reasoning as compared to high school drop outs.
4. If your parents are still together. Having parents who are still married gives you a chance to learn from them and also seek their advice and also learn from just watching them. If you master the strategies your parents used to stay together, then you will decrease the chances of going through divorce.
5. If you’re annual income is above US$50,000. Couples whose income is in this bracket are less likely to have stress over finances therefore reducing chances of divorce.
6. Having a child. Couples who have a child together are less likely to divorce as compared to those who do not have children.
After looking at all these, the answers to a successful marriage can be summed up to three main things; People want to maintain their marriage and feel that they should be in a position to keep their marriage, and that people also feel that they should be in a position to stay together. The other thing is that it is not about luck, but all about love.
This believes has helped to keep marriages together, and not happiness. According to research, unhappy times in a marriage and not determinants of the future. If you are seeking to save your marriage, then it is important to put into consideration these factors but you do not necessarily have to depend on them fully. Statistics show that couples who managed to stay together during unhappy times in their marriage tend to find happiness and live together happier at least five years later.